Fire Door Installations
Call or email one of Fire Guard Installations friendly staff to get a quote on 1300 853 115.
Fire Guard Installations specialises in professional fire door installations. If your requirements fit into one of the categories below then we can help you with a full installation/upgrade package.
- New residential building installation requiring fire doorsNew commercial building installation requiring fire doors.
- Fire orders on unit blocks requiring installation of fire doors
- Fire orders on commercial premises requiring installation of fire doors
- Removal of non-conforming fire rated frames and installation of new frames
- Assessment of existing frames to determine if capping can be achieved to meet the 25mm rebate required on fire door frames.
- Sprinkler System installations
- Fire Hydrant installations
- Smoke detection and occupancy warning system installations
- Fire pump installations
- VESDA installations and servicing
- Wireless Detection Systems
- Specialised Hydrostatic testing
- Flow testing
- Electrical Repairs.
We have specialist equipment
- Thread, cut and roll groove fire pipe
- Ultrasonic flow test equipment with down loaded data for accurate records
- Commissioning test equipment including IR temperature sensors, RPM metres, electronic pressure sensors
- Professional high pressure hydrostatic pumps for small and large systems
Paint/Stained door, architrave & moulding
We are able to paint or stain your new fire door to match your existing decor, or we can liaise with your committee to determine a suitable colour for your new doors. We also have many samples of architrave and mouldings to add to your new fire doors. Our team comprises of qualified carpenters who are able to match or create your desired look. Just ask our team and we can show you our samples.
Locks and Hardware
Fire Guard Installations install top quality fire rated door furniture (Deadlatch, passage set, door closer, eye viewer). We use only top quality fire rated door furniture for your new fire door as approved in AS/NZS 1905.1-2005.
We can key alike both passage set and Dead latch. We have qualified locksmiths in our door team and we are able to make the ease of entry through a one key system. If each individual unit would like to also key alike other entry or exit doors we are able to quote on installation to enable this for your residents.
Make clean and removal of all material offsite
On completion we ensure all materials are offsite and correctly removed. This includes correct removal of Friable Asbestos materials. Due to the nature of Friable Asbestos fibres we have certified asbestos removal technicians on our team. Asbestos must be correctly removed.
Asbestos Doors – The law:
Asbestos fire doors contain a “Friable” type of asbestos which is an asbestos material in the form of powder or a solid that can be reduced to powder by hand pressure when dry. It is against the law to employ staff or contractors to replace hardware such as Self-closers, lock sets or smoke seals that involves penetrating into the core of an asbestos fire door. Where doors are deemed to be asbestos the only advice we offer is to replace with new non-asbestos door and hardware.
In addition, asbestos fire doors are not capped top and bottom and once the doors are removed fibers can be released into the air. Therefore legislation states that removal can only be preformed by a qualified and experience supervisor who holds a Friable license and disposed of correctly. WorkCover NSW has a licensing system which requires the removal of Friable Asbestos fire doors as per; Occupational Health and Safety Regulation 2001 (hereafter referred to as the Regulation) under Clause 259.
Code of Practice for the Safe Removal of Asbestos [NOHSC: 2002 (2005)] www.ascc.gov.au/standards and codes/ Asbestos
Code of Practice for the management and control of asbestos in work places [NOHSC: 2018 (2005)] www.ascc.gov.au/ standards and codes/ Asbestos.